Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour and 5 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- Place chicken in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spoon chili over each chicken breast; bake 10 minutes longer. Top with cheese; return to the oven for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 372 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Oct 4, 2010
I have made this several times, and plan on making it tonight with chicken breasts that have already been cooked. I will assemble it as the recipe states at the part about spooning the chili over the chicken, and put in the oven just long enough to heat through and melt the cheese. The only "change" I make to the recipe is to add some additional spices in the can of tomatoes before I pour it over the chicken. Tasty and very easy!