Chili-Cheese Wonton Cups
Baked in miniature muffin cups, wonton wrappers make perfect little cups for these crunchy Southwestern bites. In addition to two different cheeses, green chilies and chives, Lyn Renwick of Charlotte, North Carolina seasons the cups with a hint of cumin.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, well drained
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Press the wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray, forming a cup. Spritz with butter-flavored spray. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are golden.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, chilies, chives, salt and cumin. Spoon into cups. Top with olives. Bake for 10 minutes longer or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 229 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 lean meat.
Originally published as Chili Cheese Wonton Cups in Light & Tasty December/January 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.