Chili Cheese Tidbits
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Triscuits or other crackers
- Spread chilies onto the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Pour eggs over chilies; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool slightly; cut into squares and serve on crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 87 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
May 26, 2011
My family LOVED these little tidbits. I would think that using less of the chilies would make it less spicy without compromising the recipe.
Oct 3, 2008
this sounds great, but wondering if there is a way to do a less spicy version for us non-chili lovers! Any ideas folks?
Jan 29, 2008
This is a wonderful appetizer for a low carb diet. Just serve without crackers or with high fiber crackers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.