Chili Cheese Tart
"When I fix this flavorful appetizer, I have to keep an eye out for sneaky fingers," informs Rachel Nash from Pascagoula, Mississippi. "My family just can't resist sampling the cheesy wedges. They're delicious topped with salsa and sour cream."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salsa and sour cream
- Place one sheet of pie pastry on an ungreased pizza pan or baking sheet. Sprinkle chilies and cheeses over pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with remaining pastry; seal edges and prick top with a fork.
- Sprinkle with chili powder. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 196 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.