- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, chilies, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and rice.
- Transfer rice mixture to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChili-Cheese Rice Bake
"Mine came out a bit watery, but I think that was partly my fault. I don't think the rice fully soaked up all the water, plus I also used small curd cottage cheese instead of cream style (I couldn't find cream style anywhere). I think the ricotta would've thickened it up, but to save money I just did 4 tbsp total of the cottage cheese. Lastly, I can't eat the green chilies, so I cut up some green pepper and sauteed it with the onion. Overall, this was a yummy dish. Next time I will make it as written (and use the leftover ricotta in another recipe). I wasn't blown away, but I'd make it again."
"This is probably the best rice dish I've ever made. My husband is picky when it comes to rice dishes, and he just loved this. I doubled the recipe, and we still ate all of it in one night! Just the two of us! Served it with TOH's Honey and Spice Baked chicken, and the flavors together were absolutely incredible! This is a meal perfect for impressing guests, and so very simple!"
"Excellent! Equally delicious with regular long grain rice, and most any flavor shredded cheese."