- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs well. Stir in next five ingredients. Add green chilies. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChili Cheese Puff
"This recipe is a keeper, I have made it for evening gatherings as well as for morning gatherings.i have also increased eggs to six from four when I thought I needed larger squares. easy and great recipe."
"Great dish. Make it easier by putting butter and green chilies in the baking dish to melt while the oven is preheating. You can eliminate the need to grease your pan and melt butter separately."
"I've made this dish several times and it's always a hit! I even doubled the recipe for Christmas brunch at my Dad's house. It also makes for great leftovers."