More than an inventive way to use leftover or store-bought chili, this is the No. 1 request in the Bender household (and our judges know why). —Jennifer Bender, Baldwin, Georgia
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chili, cheese, onion and jalapeno. Place 1/4 cup chili mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 8 egg rolls.
Originally published as Chili-Cheese Egg Rolls in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p41
Reviews forChili-Cheese Egg Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2016
"it tastes amazing"
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2015
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2012
"Super fast to put together. Family loved them."
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"Super easy and great with guac!"