Chili-Cheese Corn Muffins Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg and milk just until blended. Stir in cheese and chilies. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 each: 167 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Corn Muffins
"We loved these, I did add a bit more spice to them because my family loves HOT HOT - not me, so I took a few out just for me and that worked. Love them"
"Great way to add something different to store bought corn muffin mix."