Chili-Cheese Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg and milk just until blended. Stir in cheese and chilies. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 167 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 1, 2017
We loved these, I did add a bit more spice to them because my family loves HOT HOT - not me, so I took a few out just for me and that worked. Love them
Dec 21, 2015
Great way to add something different to store bought corn muffin mix.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.