- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, egg and milk just until blended. Stir in cheese and chiles. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
1 each: 167 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.