Chili Cheese Ball
It wouldn't be Christmas at our house without this zippy, well-seasoned cheese ball-my husband's absolute favorite. The family starts asking about it 2 weeks before the holidays! It's also a big hit at Super Bowl parties.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes1 cheese ball (2-1/2 cups)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 piece Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the Monterey Jack and Gouda; mix well. Stir in the olives, onion and mustard. Add 2 teaspoons chili powder and the garlic powder. Shape into a ball. Combine almonds and remaining chili powder; roll cheese ball in almond mixture. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 120 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chili Cheese Ball in Country Woman Christmas 2005