- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a greased 2-qt. saucepan, combine all ingredients except cheese. Top with 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with remaining cheese, then bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChili-Cheese Bake
"Delicious! I made this as a side to some chicken tostadas. I cut the recipe in half and it worked out fine. I did forget to put in the kidney beans but remembered halfway through, so after it was in the oven for about 10 minutes, I took it out, threw the beans in, and stirred it up. That way the cheese was mixed throughout AND it would be on top. I didn't do the full 25 10 minutes only because I did cut it in half. Probably did more like 15-20 minutes, then an additional 3-5 minutes after topping with the rest of the cheese. Next time I think I'll add in some green pepper."
"My mom used to make this all the time. I just love it. Just made it today, made ahead of time now all I have to do is heat it on the BBQ later."