Chili-Beer Glazed Steaks
Bold ingredients give these tender grilled steaks a taste you won’t soon forget. We loved the slightly sweet and pleasantly smoky glaze. Get ready to make mouths water! —Geordyth Sullivan, Miami
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup spicy steak sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the chili sauce, steak sauce, shallots and beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup for serving and keep warm. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with sauce mixture. Serve with reserved sauce.
Editor's NoteTop loin steak may be labeled as strip steak, Kansas City steak, New York strip steak, ambassador steak or boneless club steak in your region.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 2 tablespoons sauce: 398 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1757mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 49g protein.
Originally published as Dad's-Spicy-Beer-Glazed Steaks in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.