Chili Bean Nacho Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, corn, sugar, chili powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; remove from the heat. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 278 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Aug 12, 2016
Quick and easy recipe--great for a night when you are busy. Topped with diced green peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and sour cream for a complete meal.
Jan 15, 2015
I add a little more tomato sauce or juice, and serve it over rice when there are no tortilla chips to be found......good go-to recipe on busy nights.
Mar 11, 2011
It seemed like more of a dip for chips rather than a main dish, but my family really liked it!
Jan 27, 2011
Wonderful, my family loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.