Chili Bean Nacho Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, corn, sugar, chili powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; remove from the heat. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 278 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Aug 12, 2016
Quick and easy recipe--great for a night when you are busy. Topped with diced green peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and sour cream for a complete meal.
Jan 15, 2015
I add a little more tomato sauce or juice, and serve it over rice when there are no tortilla chips to be found......good go-to recipe on busy nights.
Mar 11, 2011
It seemed like more of a dip for chips rather than a main dish, but my family really liked it!
Jan 27, 2011
Wonderful, my family loved it.