Chili and garlic powder shine in this cheesy loaf that’s best right out of the oven. It’s always a favorite when I entertain. —Mary Spencer, Greendale, Wisconsin
Featured In: 50 Easy Cheese Appetizers for a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut top third off loaf of bread; hollow out enough bread from bottom to make room for cheese. Cube removed bread; set aside. Using a knife, make 2-in. cuts into loaf around edge of bread at 1-in. intervals. Spread inside of bread with butter.
- Combine chili powder, sugar, garlic powder and mustard; sprinkle 2 teaspoons into loaf. Top with cheese; sprinkle with remaining spice mixture. Replace bread top.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Chili Baked Brie in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p63
Reviews forChili Baked Brie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2016
"Not my favorite way to do Brie. I think I prefer sweeter seasonings/toppings."