Chili-Apricot Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, chili sauce, mustard and water. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Spoon glaze over both sides of pork.
- Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 271 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Aug 24, 2013
Very good flavor, but it seemed a lot of the glaze fell between the broiler pan slats. So easy and everyone in the family (including 7 & 4 year old) liked them...Definitely a keeper!
Oct 24, 2012
I doubled the sauce. I baked the chops at 350 till about 20 minutes from being done.I drained the pan, poured on 1/2 the sauce baked about 15 more minutes, turned them over add the rest of the sauce and baked till tender. My family RAVED! This is one I will make often
Oct 24, 2011
These were great, although I didn't prepare them as directed... Instead, I browned up boneless chops in a skillet and then poured a double recipe of the glaze ingredients over top, and then simmered the chops until they were cooked through. My family really enjoyed them!
Feb 15, 2011
These were very good and moist. I did these in the oven, covered, and baked them at 350 for 40 minutes because they were very thick. I also cut it down for two but not the sauce.
Jan 10, 2011
a wonderful blend of flavors, a new favorite in our home
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.