- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion, divided
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) chili seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook ground beef and 1/2 cup onion until the meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in chili seasoning, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili beans and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine 2 cups cheese and remaining onion. Divide cheese mixture evenly on the tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and arrange, seam side down, on top of the chili mixture. Top with picante sauce and remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChili 'n' Cheese Enchiladas
"This is a keeper recipe in this house! I did the shortcut that someone suggested, and used canned chili, and it works out well!"
"Really fun & delicious way of making enchiladas! (good idea on adding rice too) Dh stated we could have these again, which for him is high praise. I did use corn tortillas and fried them briefly first. A winner!"
"Really good! I was pretty nervous it would turn out funky, but we loved it! Awesome mix of chili and enchilada. I put rice inside the enchiladas was the only difference."