Chili & Cheese Crustless Quiche
This hearty Tex-Mex egg casserole is great for any meal of the day. I add a salad and dinner is on! —Gail Watkins, Norwalk, Califiornia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili con carne
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Sour cream, optional
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, layer tortillas, whole green chilies, chili con carne and 1 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, biscuit mix, salt, pepper and, if desired, pepper sauce until blended; pour into slow cooker. Top with chopped green chilies and tomatoes.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, sprinkling with remaining cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. If desired, top with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 420 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Crockpot Chili and cheese omelet Quiche in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.