Chiles Rellenos Mini Casseroles
This recipe came about by accident 20 years ago. My sons had begged me to hurry up with breakfast so that we could play a game of catch. I whipped this up, spent time with my sons and then we all enjoyed our own spicy fun "casserole".
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Brush both sides of tortillas with butter. Place each tortilla in an individual ovenproof 10-oz. custard cup or casserole, pressing down in center to form a shell.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, flour, salt and pepper; set half aside. To the other half, add eggs, chiles, garlic and onion; pour into tortilla shells. Top with reserved cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.