Chile Relleno Squares Recipe
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle half of each of the cheeses onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with chilies and remaining cheeses.
- 2. Whisk together eggs, milk and flour; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, until set, 25-30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 130 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Chile Relleno Squares
"I am pre-diabetic, so I am really watching my carb intake. This is so easy, very tasty and a real treat for me. (my husband loves it too). Really great appetizer."
"Great! Very tasty and easy to make!"
"This is a favorite appetizer at cocktail parties!"