When I was growing up in Southern California, this was one of my favorite Mexican dishes. It's hard to find now that I live in the Midwest—except in my kitchen! —Kelly McCulley, Des Moines, Iowa
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, optional
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine beef, enchilada sauce and bouillon granules. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat from sauce. Skim fat from sauce. If desired, spoon about 1/4 cup beans across center of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup meat. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour 1 cup sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chile Colorado Burritos in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p25
Reviews forChile Colorado Burritos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review