When I was growing up in Southern California, this was one of my favorite Mexican dishes. It's hard to find now that I live in the Midwest—except in my kitchen! —Kelly McCulley, Des Moines, Iowa
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, optional
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine beef, enchilada sauce and bouillon granules. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat from sauce. Skim fat from sauce. If desired, spoon about 1/4 cup beans across center of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup meat. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour 1 cup sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chile Colorado Burritos in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p25
Reviews forChile Colorado Burritos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2016
"These burritos were very tasty and so easy to prepare."