I learned how to make this recipe when I was attending high school in California. It's been a family favorite for years.—Joy Frost, Wood River, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (20 ounces) tortilla or corn chips
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, olives, onions, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. Arrange chips on a platter; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 465 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Chilaquilas in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.