For a lighter and fluffier version of than a pumpkin pie, try this delicious recipe. The gingersnap crust and pumpkin mixture compliment each other well.—Lynn Baker, Osmond, Nebraska
Recommended: 57 Bake Sale Recipes That’ll Earn Big Bucks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 24)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine gelatin and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat milk mixture to just below boiling; remove from the heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Remove sides of pan just before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chiffon Dessert in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p590
Reviews forChiffon Pumpkin Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review