- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash pepper
- 5 carrot chips
- 12 capers
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each egg so it sits flat. Cut the top third from each egg. Carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Add the cheese, salad dressing, mustard and pepper; stir until well blended. Spoon into the egg white bottoms; replace tops.
- Cut 12 feet and 12 small triangles for beaks from carrot chips.
- Gently press the capers into the filling for eyes; add beaks. Insert a dill sprig in top of eggs for tuft of feathers. Place feet in front of chicks. Chill until serving. Yield: 1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChicks-on-the-Ranch Deviled Eggs
"These are so cute. A good way to get children to eat their eggs too."
"I made these for this year's Easter and all of the guests took pictures of them! I just put them in mini muffin tins without their feet - still cute. And everyone raved about their flavor. A new Easter must have!"
"Made these for Birthday luncheon at work, along with the Penguin eggs. They were a big hit."
"Very good. Just made them normal without the decoration."