Chickpea Pancetta Salad with Cran-Orange Vinaigrette
When it comes to holiday-worthy salads, this one really fills the bill. The colorful mix of dried cranberries, orange segments, salad greens and red pepper looks beautiful on the table.
Total TimePrep; 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup white cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 ounces diced pancetta or bacon
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 16 orange segments
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and pulse until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a small bowl, combine the beans, red pepper, cranberries, onions, basil and parsley. Pour 1/3 cup dressing over bean mixture; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens and 1/4 cup dressing; toss to coat. Divide among eight salad plates. Top with bean mixture, pancetta and walnuts. Top with oranges. Serve with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 302 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Neapolitan Chickpea Pancetta Salad with Orange-Cranberry Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.