Chickpea & Feta Salad
I love Mediterranean food and this fresh, colorful salad displays the best of that cuisine—feta cheese, crisp vegetables and a nice lemony flavor. Though wonderful any time of the year, I especially enjoy serving this in the spring.—Paula Althouse, Hamburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add dressing; toss lightly to combine.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 206 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Greek Chickpea Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014