Chickpea Crab Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Crab lovers will get a kick out of this salad that's as eye-appealing as it is appetizing. " I like to add a little crumbled feta cheese, and sometimes I substitute chicken or turkey for the crab," writes Sally Sibthorpe from Shelby Township, Michigan.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a bowl, whisk together first seven ingredients. Stir in beans, radishes, green onions, carrot, parsley and pistachios. Gently stir in crab. Serve over greens.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 446 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 10, 2010
i used imation crab and it was very good didn't add the nuts will add celery next time.
Jul 8, 2010
Doubled receipe for 4, substituted Crasinettes for pistachios. Our kind of food. Even the kids loved it. Next time, substituting endame for crab.