Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
I like to serve this colorful vegetable and rice side dish when I'm hosting a buffet luncheon.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, carrot and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the ginger, curry, salt and clove if desired. Add the beans, tomatoes, peas and cauliflower. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chickpea Cauliflower Curry in Country Extra March 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.