This is one of the best recipes I've found for using leftover chicken. The sandwiches are easy to prepare and make a nice brown-bag treat for our teenagers' lunches.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 slices sandwich bread
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a medium bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread on three slices of bread; sprinkle with bacon. Top with remaining bread.
Originally published as Chickenwiches in Country Chicken Cookbook