- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- Place the carrots, celery and onion in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken. Sprinkle with pepper. In a small bowl, combine the soup, water and wine; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- If desired, thicken cooking juices. Meanwhile, bake biscuits according to package directions. Serve with chicken and gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Veggies 'n' Gravy
"I made this last week and it turned out great. I changed it just a little by adding another chicken breast and put it in the slow cooker. I added a can of cream of celery to it also and cooked it for about 3 hours. I took out the chicken and shredded it and put it back in for another hour. I made a chicken pot pie with the leftovers. I was wonderful. It's a keeper."
"Made this for dinner last night and it was delicious, great comfort food . I had baked a chicken the night before and had half of chicken left so I cut up the baked chicken placed it atop the vegetables, used two cans of cream of chicken soup,, one cup of water and 1/2 cup of white Zinfandel wine in a large pot on stove top and cooked on low covered for an hour and a half. It was great, the gravy was nice and thick and I didn't have to thicken it. Made biscuits and rice. Hubby had his over biscuits and I had mine over rice since. I don't like biscuits. This is going to be a meal we eat regularly. This would be a nice Sunday dinner recipe for sure."
"This was delicious! I did add chopped garlic and a little extra seasoning.Also thickened the gravy.Will definately make this again"
"This was a big hit with my kids! I made it exactly as it read (with the chicken broth) and I also thickened it at the end. The second time I made it I added potatoes, and made it a complete meal. Thanks for posting!"
"easy to make and quite tasty. Great comfort food!"
"We loved this recipe! I cooked it in my crock-pot on high for 3 hours and it was perfect. We found that one medium onion was too much for us so next time I would put in less but it had nothing to do with the recipe itself, that's just our preference. Thank you for such a great recipe!"
"I was just diagnosed with something that severely restricts my diet - forever. This sounds really delicious and will fit nicely with the new me. Can't wait to try it!"
"There's nothin' easier than making this for a Sunday dinner. I sometimes double the recipe to have for leftovers."