Chicken with Tomato-Cream Sauce Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add tomatoes, stirring until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Remove chicken and keep warm. Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Heat through (do not boil). Serve chicken and sauce over noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 301 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Tomato-Cream Sauce
"A delicious hit and a moist chicken. I only did two things differently. 1. After browning chicken breasts I split them. 2. I added the flour as a paste to the tomato mixture and cooked it for about 10 minutes before adding the sour cream and cheese. I served it on egg noodles smothered with butter, Italian seasoning (or salt-free 17 seasoning) and Parmesan cheese."