Chicken with Three-Citrus Topping
Topped with tart citrus and sweet honey salsa, this tender broiled chicken is an attractive entree. —Molly Slosson, Westport, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 10 min.
Makes8 servings (7-1/3 cups topping)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups sweet red grapefruit sections
- 2-2/3 cups orange sections
- 2/3 cup lemon sections
- 1 tablespoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, mix lime juice, honey, lime zest and cayenne. Add citrus sections; toss to coat. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken.
- Place chicken on greased rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve with citrus topping.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with about 3/4 cup topping: 201 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Spanish Chicken with Citrus Salsa in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.