Chicken with Three-Citrus Topping
Topped with tart citrus and sweet honey salsa, this tender broiled chicken is an attractive entree. —Molly Slosson, Westport, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 10 min.
Makes8 servings (7-1/3 cups topping)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups sweet red grapefruit sections
- 2-2/3 cups orange sections
- 2/3 cup lemon sections
- 1 tablespoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, mix lime juice, honey, lime zest and cayenne. Add citrus sections; toss to coat. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken.
- Place chicken on greased rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve with citrus topping.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with about 3/4 cup topping: 201 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Spanish Chicken with Citrus Salsa in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013