Chicken with Sweet Jalapeno Sauce Recipe
This family favorite is not too hot and not too sweet. You can use any type of hot pepper jelly you like. —Jaye-Lynn Baublitz, Bradenton, Florida
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in batches in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Saute onion and celery in the same pan until crisp-tender. Add the chicken broth, orange juice and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in pepper jelly until melted. Remove from heat; stir in butter and parsley. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Sweet Jalapeno Sauce
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2016
"The sauce is delicious!"
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2015
"I used my own jalapeno jelly, so mine had some kick to it. Really good."
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2013
chicken and once browned, I finished it off in the oven for about 30 minutes. When plated the sauce looks very nice on the chicken. My step increased the time a bit but then I could use dark chicken which is my husbands favorite. I will definitely make this again. Other than the actual chicken pieces I did not change any part of this recipe."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC