Chicken with Sweet Jalapeno Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in batches in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute onion and celery in the same pan until crisp-tender. Add the chicken broth, orange juice and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in pepper jelly until melted. Remove from heat; stir in butter and parsley. Serve with chicken.
Apr 21, 2020
Do not be afraid of the heat in this sauce; it is amazingly sweet with a touch of heat. I used Braswells Hot Jalapeno Jelly in this. I could not get enough of this sauce!! I practically licked the plate. I served this dish with Spiced Green Beans also found on this site. Great meal!
Jun 12, 2019
My family enjoyed this recipe and the sauce compliments the chicken nicely. Served with salad and corn on the cob.
Nov 29, 2016
The sauce is delicious!
Aug 7, 2015
I used my own jalapeno jelly, so mine had some kick to it. Really good.
Jan 12, 2013
Very quick easy chicken recipe. The sauce ends up as a tasty accompaniment to the chicken.I used regular bone in chicken and once browned, I finished it off in the oven for about 30 minutes. When plated the sauce looks very nice on the chicken. My step increased the time a bit but then I could use dark chicken which is my husbands favorite. I will definitely make this again. Other than the actual chicken pieces I did not change any part of this recipe.