Chicken with Rosemary-Onion Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 teaspoon butter. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Add rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 31, 2017
This is being added to my list of things to make regularly. Served with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans, it was a meal that the Mr. went back for seconds AND wants the leftovers in his lunchbox tomorrow.
Oct 20, 2015
Had a good flavor, but for some reason it did not "wow" me.... I will, however, give it another try. Hopefully it will be better the second time around!
Jul 28, 2013
I have made it numerous times.Excellent.
Mar 8, 2012
Delicious! My husband really does not like chicken, but he liked this recipe. So easy to make.
Aug 30, 2011
Very tasty, healthy and so easy. Uses ingredients that most people already have on hand. Will definitely be making this again and again!
Aug 22, 2011
Can someone give me an approximate amount of fresh rosemary to use instead of dried? I have somehoe managed to grow a huge bush of it!
Aug 15, 2011
We did not care for the flavor.
Aug 5, 2011
An excellent dinner option. My family loves it.
Jul 7, 2011
My husband hates onions, but he requests this recipe over and over! My 2 children also absolutely love it. I rarely have leftovers! Fresh rosemary is also excellent in this dish . . .
Feb 10, 2011
My family absolutely loved this! I will double the sauce portion as it tastes great on egg noodles.