- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in rosemary and remaining butter until blended. Serve sauce with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Rosemary Butter Sauce
"I doubled the sauce and served it with rice and it was delicious"
"This was absolutely delicious. Sauce would have been awesome over noodles so next time that's what I plan on doing!"
"This recipe is "The Bomb-Diggity"!!!! Restaurant quality in the comforts of your own home. This will be my "Go To" recipe, especially around the busy holiday season. Made a TOH peach pie to finish off the meal. Thanks Connie and TOH for making my meal preparation such a delight. Yum!"
"SO good! Even my picky eaters liked it!"
"I am not sure what I did, but this sauce was much too thin to serve with the chicken. I followed the recipe exact. I do not think I will make this again."
"Quick, easy & phenomenal!!!"
"This recipe is yummy! My entire family likes it and that is hard to do with four children. Easy to make recipe which makes it even better."
"Yummy! Double the sauce."