Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
"I created this recipe as a way to introduce different vegetables to my family," advises Kelly Cobb, Mason, Ohio. "My 3-year-old son said it was the best chicken he'd ever tasted."
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced leek (white portion only)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 15 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Coarsely chop peppers; transfer to a food processor.
- 2. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves); cut top off of garlic bulb. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic into the food processor with peppers; cover and process until almost smooth. Set aside.
- 3. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. In the same skillet, cook leek for 2 minutes or until leek is lightly browned. Add broth, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Add red pepper mixture, chicken and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes until the chicken juices run clear. Uncover; pepper sauce over pasta if desired. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 239 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC