My creamy chicken tastes like a five-star restaurant dish but takes only minutes and few ingredients to make. Use fresh rosemary. Trust me. —Sarah Campbell, Terre Haute, IN
Featured In: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Remove chicken to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Pour drippings from pan (do not wipe skillet clean); add wine and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook 1-2 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Stir in cream and rosemary. Return to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Red Wine Cream Sauce in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews forChicken with Red Wine Cream Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2016
"Family did not rate this very high. Probably would just use stock instead of wine."