Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the red peppers and Italian seasoning; cover and process until pureed.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2010
This was incredibly easy and very tastey. I added a clove of garlic to the sauce, and instead of microwaving it, I added the sauce to the pan after removing the chicken. Even my two year old loved it!
Apr 6, 2010
Yummy for sure!
Apr 6, 2010
Feb 2, 2010
This recipe is a keeper. It is easy and fast. If chicken breasts seem pretty thick, I butterfly them so they cook faster without getting dry.
Dec 23, 2009
I love chicken but I do not like red peppers. This recipe is good but the peppers need to be something else.