- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, optional
- Whisk egg white in a shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs and salt in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg white, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Place the peppers, garlic and Italian seasoning in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave until heated through.
- Divide spinach among four plates; top each with a chicken breast half, about 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons cheese. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Red Pepper Sauce and Spinach
"chicken was very good. Sauce was especially delicious."
"This was a really tasty recipe. My husband will not eat red peppers, but didn't realize what this was until he raved about it. I felt good serving this to my family."
"Very good. My changes might be to add the basil to the red pepper sauce. I also used gorgonzola cheese in place of feta since I had used it in another recipe. More spinach, too. Four stars."
"This was ever so easy to prepare and truly yummy."