Chicken with Raspberry Thyme Sauce Recipe
"This is one of my favorite ways to serve chicken," reports Robert Jost of Manitowac, Wisconsin. "My wife and I garnish it with fresh raspberries and sprigs of thyme from our garden."
- 2-1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Additional fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. Place raspberries in a small bowl; sprinkle with sugar and mash. Let stand for 15 minutes; mash again. Strain, reserving juice; discard pulp and seeds. In a small saucepan, combine the raspberry juice, apple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into raspberry juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Keep warm.
- 3. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; cook until juices run clear. Serve with raspberry sauce. Garnish with additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 172 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Raspberry Thyme Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC