Chicken with Raspberry Thyme Sauce
"This is one of my favorite ways to serve chicken," reports Robert Jost of Manitowac, Wisconsin. "My wife and I garnish it with fresh raspberries and sprigs of thyme from our garden."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 2-1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Additional fresh raspberries, optional
- Place raspberries in a small bowl; sprinkle with sugar and mash. Let stand for 15 minutes; mash again. Strain, reserving juice; discard pulp and seeds. In a small saucepan, combine the raspberry juice, apple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into raspberry juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Keep warm.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; cook until juices run clear. Serve with raspberry sauce. Garnish with additional raspberries if desired.