Chicken with Raspberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves, divided
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raspberries
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup preserves, raspberry vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic and seasonings; mix well. Remove 1 cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add remaining preserves; mix well. Drizzle over chicken. Garnish with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 217 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Sep 30, 2014
This was AWESOME!!
Jul 14, 2011
This was delicious! Loved the sauce and fresh raspberries. Served it with white cheddar scalloped potatoes and steamed green beans drizzled with balsamic, garlic salt, a little butter and pepper. Very refreshing.
Feb 26, 2011
Yum! I can't believe how great this chicken dish turned out. This recipe is a good one for special occasions and special guests. (I made this for my own family on Valentine's Day.) Thank you Amy Ammann!