- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Minced chives, optional
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pineapple, soy sauce, garlic salt and ginger. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened. Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Baste, bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Pineapple Sauce
"This is my recependant from now on"
"Made this for company and they were wild about it! It really is delicious, served over rice."
"This is a great recipe, quick and easy with ingredients that are already on hand most of the time. However, the nutritional information given is completely inaccurate!! I track points with weight watchers and used the information provided to calculate points and it calculated to 2 points. (boneless, skinless chicken breast is 3 points for 4 oz.) I entered the entire recipe and it came out to 8 points! Huge difference!! It's still a relatively healthy entree, just not as healthy as the numbers provided lead you to believe."
"I ended up overcooking my chicken and it turned out a little dry, but with the mouth salivating sauce it was still delicious! I will definitely try this again!"
"I cook it just like edankers did, but next time I'd add a little extra cornstarch because the sauce didn't thicken up enough. My family loved it."
"I increased the cooking time and temperature (400 degrees) as my chicken breasts were thicker and taking longer to cook."