Chicken with Peaches Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds) , cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (28 ounces) peach slices, drained
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Broil 6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the molasses, lemon juice, butter, onion and ginger; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Add peaches; baste chicken. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and peaches are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 692 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 3g fiber), 50g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Peaches
"I didn't broil the chicken, I just threw the sauce on it and baked it for the suggested time. It was so tender and had great flavor. Delicious!"