This is my favorite kind of recipe...something that tastes so good, yet requires a minimum of preparation. This simple dish is just right, now that my husband and I are empty nesters, yet it's elegant enough to serve for company dinner. -Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 35 Easter Dinners That Aren’t a Big Hunk of Ham
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups instant chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; set the peaches aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Gradually stir in the peach juice mixture, butter, brown sugar, vinegar and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Stir in stuffing mix and peaches. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Peach Stuffing in Reminisce September/October 2001, p48
Reviews forChicken with Peach Stuffing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2010
"This is the exact same recipe shown in my quick Cooking 2003 annual book (from a 2002 magazine) The stuffing turns out unusually yummy. -Lori in WI."