Chicken with Orange Raspberry Sauce
The raspberry sauce adds a touch of elegance to this easy-to-make chicken dish. Three simple seasonings further add to the chicken's flavor.—Carol Cottrill, Rumford, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Combine thyme, sage and pepper; rub over chicken. Lightly brown chicken in a skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Transfer to a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a saucepan, combine jam, orange juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Serve with the chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 174 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Raspberry Chicken in Country Woman May/June 1999