Chicken with Onions and Figs Recipe
- 3 large red onions, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the figs, honey, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place chicken in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Spoon onion mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
2 servings: 503 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Onions and Figs
"I made this using boneless/skinless chicken breasts and orange juice (since I didn't have any lemon juice on hand). It was delicious! This is a keeper. Thanx!"