Friends and family can't get enough of tender chicken thighs in a sweet onion and fig sauce. When prepared this way, the meat turns out moist every time.—Helen Conwell, Fairhope, Alabama
Recommended: Fig Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 large red onions, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the figs, honey, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Spoon onion mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Onions and Figs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p161
Reviews forChicken with Onions and Figs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2012
"I made this using boneless/skinless chicken breasts and orange juice (since I didn't have any lemon juice on hand). It was delicious! This is a keeper. Thanx!"