Chicken with Mustard Sauce
This luscious chicken entree from Coleen Deon in Dover Plains, New York is truly something special. Lemon zest and Dijon mustard add tangy flavor to the perfectly seasoned sauce—and it all goes together in minutes! Serve over hot noodles or pasta for a company-special supper.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, marjoram, thyme and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon flour mixture. Add chicken to the bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Stir wine or broth into the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in the broth, mustard and lemon peel.
- Place reserved flour mixture in a small bowl; stir in milk until smooth. Stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 17, 2011
This is so good, I can't wait to make it again!! I did not change a thing! yummm!
Nov 18, 2009
This was delicious! It was my first time making a reduction and the directions were simple and accurate. Fantastic