Chicken with Mushroom Wine Sauce
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain and discard drippings. In the same skillet, brown chicken on both sides in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute the mushrooms, onions, carrot and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add broth, wine and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with parsley and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 29, 2012
Wow this was so easy to make and so delicious!! the only thing i would do differently next time is use a low sodium broth because it was a little salty but thats it. Fantastic!!!
Aug 30, 2011
The sauce is really good , tastes very well. I put extra when I cooked the chicken 2 slices of salami in cubes, mmmh delicious!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.